Top Holiday Gift Ideas
The countdown has begun. T-minus 10 days to get all your holiday gift shopping done. Stumped on how to tackle the gift list this year? Fret not! We’ve culled together our list of top gift picks this season.
Whether it’s finding the perfect toy or latest gadget for your tech-obsessed loved one, or a special piece of jewelry, we’ve got you covered!
TOP TECH GIFTS
According to the Consumer Technology Association, 65 percent of Americans are planning on buying tech gifts this year, with one in three holiday shoppers nabbing cutting edge devices such as drones or smart home gear. For all your gadget gifts, head to Best Buy at The Market Place in Irvine. A consumer survey conducted by Best Buy revealed the top holiday tech gifts Americans hope to give and receive include: an iPad, Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones, MacBook4, Applewatch, Dyson V6 Absolute Bagless Cordless Vacuum, a Vizio 43” 4K Ultra HD TV and GoPro HERO4 Action Camera.
Find many of those coveted items at the Apple Store at Fashion Island or Irvine Spectrum Center, including the new Apple TV, which this year features a voice-driven interface and easy-to-navigate streaming box for $149 – it will easily pop up in living rooms everywhere.
Not surprisingly, GoPro cameras are one of the most wished-for items on many gift lists this year. The ultimate travel accessory for the outdoor enthusiast, GoPro camera users capture everything from their ocean explorations to snowboarding tricks and sky-diving adventures. Better yet, there’s a GoPro camera for practically any budget. Its latest offering, the GoPro Hero 4 Session, is the brand’s smallest and lightest camera size to date and is waterproof without any extra housing and can withstand more adventures than your average camera. Buy it at Best Buy at The Market Place or Tilly’s at Irvine Spectrum Center.
ALL THINGS STAR WARS
With the highly anticipated release of “Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens” hitting theaters Dec. 18, there has been a surge in Star Wars-related gifts. The BB-8 Sphero is an app-enabled droid that tops many kids’ lists this year, and of course, is the ideal gift for any Star Wars collectible fan. The $150 remote control robot features an adaptive personality, with the ability to record and view holographic images. Available at Marbles: The Brain Store at Fashion Island; Best Buy at The Market Place, Barnes & Noble at Woodbridge Village Center and Target at multiple locations, including: The Market Place, Crossroads and Irvine Spectrum Center.
At Active Ride Shop at Irvine Spectrum Center, find a limited-edition line of Nixon X Star Wars watches and accessories. The unique collection pays tribute to the iconic movie franchise and includes designs inspired by Dark Side: Stormtrooper, Imperial Pilot, Boba Fett and everyone’s favorite villain, Darth Vader.
GIFTS FOR HER:
- Limited Edition EyeShadow Vault ($245) at the Urban Decay store at Fashion Island: containing 20 full-size shadows— 10 from UD’s current iconic Eyeshadow lineup and 10 from the sparkly, sophisticated Moondust collection, this kit is a necessity for any beauty junkie!
- Creed Royal Mayfair Fragrance ($475) at Neiman Marcus at Fashion Island. InStyle magazine says this luxe scent “was concocted especially for the Duke of Windsor 80 years ago but unavailable to non-royals like us until now— Notes of gin and lime sparkle atop roses, pine and cedar—Royal Mayfair makes me think of a long, darkly-lit bar with excellent flower arrangements. It’s refreshing yet warm, and so incredibly pretty.”
- Find handcrafted jewelry from Uno de 50 at Fashion Island – think gorgeously earthy leather cuffs with hammered sterling silver, etc.
GIFTS FOR HIM:
- Travis Mathew apparel and fun golf accessories like a putter or driver cover for the guy in your life
FOR THE HOME
- For the Home-Jazz Age Decanter and gold monogrammed glasses from Anthropologie at Fashion Island and Irvine Spectrum Center
- Nespresso coffee machine for the at-home coffee and espresso connoisseur, available at the Nespresso store at Fashion Island
American Tea Room has just opened at Fashion Island — for the tea connoisseur in your life, consider gifting them with a special six-month tea subscription. The recipient will receive two of 2-oz packaged teas in the mail, including a stainless measuring teaspoon and tea strainer to make the tea with. Surprising and delightful, the Tea Select program is a great way to learn more about tea and broaden their horizons.
American Tea Room’s Bento Boxes are another great gift for any tea aficionado or someone new to teas. American Tea Room features a wide variety to suit customer’s needs, such as the Origin Collection Bento Box that features eight distinct pure teas from eight different tea growing regions, resulting in a wide variety of tea flavors. A few highlights include the Long Jing Green Tea, Silver Needles White Tea, and Ceylon Single Estate Black Tea, alongside a strainer ($150). Additional Bento Box collections include the Green Tea, Black Tea, Red Tea, and Classic Tea boxes (each $60).