FIG & OLIVE Launches Spring Menu
Mar 14, 2016
FIG & OLIVE, the upscale French Riviera inspired restaurant at Fashion Island, has collaborated with Executive Chef Wilfrid Hocquet to debut a seasonal selection of bright and flavorful dishes included on its new menu.
Punctuated by various blends of citrus, characteristic of the end of winter and green vegetables, such as peas and asparagus that usher in spring, the menu is exemplary of the restaurant’s core founding principles of using premium ingredients, maintaining respect for authentic flavors, and the use of premium select olive oils.
Highlights from FIG & OLIVE’s spring menu include:
- Provencal Carrot & Thyme Soup – heirloom baby carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and thyme with an olive oil crouton ← inspired by a recipe from FIG & OLIVE’s new cookbook, “FIG & OLIVE: The Cuisine of the French Riviera”
- Burrata & Asparagus – burrata, asparagus, snow peas, hazelnuts, arugula, and micro-basil with a blood orange dressing
- Crab Salad – jumbo lump crab, celery, celeriac, snow peas, green apples, lime, cilantro, scallion, horseradish, and pink pepper
- Sea Scallops – seared scallop, carrot-orange purée, roasted orange segments and honey heirloom carrots with charmoula
- Primavera Risotto – Arborio rice, asparagus, green peas, pea shoots, parmesan, garlic, and shallots
- Filet Mignon – marinated with rosemary, thyme, garlic, barley risotto with hedgehog mushroom, manchego, and mascarpone cheese with olive oil béarnaise
- Clementine Vacherin – blood orange coulis, clementine sorbet, white chocolate mousse, and meringue
(Visited 627 time, 1 visit today)