Fashion and Food Truck Meet Up 2015
May 7, 2015
It’s baaack. SoCal’s hottest fashion trucks — and now food trucks — will be rolling onto Irvine Spectrum Center May 15 – 17, 2015 for the annual Fashion and Food Truck Meet Up!
Featuring some of SoCal’s hottest boutiques and restaurants on wheels, the event will also highlight some of Irvine Spectrum Center’s most popular fast-fashion boutiques that have been invited to set up pop-up shops during one of the evenings.
Shoppers are invited to check out the following specialty fashion-mobiles during the event:
- Le Fashion Truck, credited as being L.A.’s first fashion truck after opening in 2011, has since been featured in major national and international press, including NBC’s Today Show, USA Today and Lucky Magazine. Le Fashion Truck offers clothing and accessories by emerging designers for women on the go who love the boho-chic aesthetic – find everything from handmade jewelry to scarves, handbags and more aboard their pink truck, which also comes outfitted with a dressing room.
- L.A.’s premier boutique on wheels, J.D. Luxe, offers up all the latest trend-forward looks and accessories with a bohemian-meets-rocker edge. From maxi dresses to statement jewelry and even its own line of ultra-soft tanks, tees and hoodies for both men and women, J.D. Luxe is its own fashion house on wheels.
- Michael Stars, the popular California womenswear brand, will bring its “Curbside Boutique,” a 16-foot beach-themed fashion truck for guests to peruse their 2015 Spring/Summer collection of perfect-fitting tees, shorts, linen pants and tops, dresses, jackets, rompers, jumpsuits and more with prices ranging from $40 to $200.
In between shopping, guests are invited to try delicious fare from:
- The Lime Truck, from local OC chef Daniel Shemtob, winner of The Food Network’s Great Food Truck Challenge and owner of TLT Food at Irvine Spectrum Center. Find all your favorite SoCal-inflected fare such as carnitas fries, ahi poke nachos and pulled-pork nachos
- Dogzilla,O.C.’s favorite hot dog truck, features Japanese fusion hot dogs for the adventurous palate seeking familiar favorites with a modern, cultural twist. The classic American street food is taken to a whole new level by adding yakisoba noodles, furikake seasoning, home-made teriyaki sauce, avocado and other non-traditional toppings you won’t find on other hot dogs.
From 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 16, 2015 select Irvine Spectrum Center fashion boutiques will create a pop-up fashion experience. Shop curated closets in Giant Wheel Court, then head to the boutiques to shop their full collection, complete with in-store activities and shopping incentives. Participating stores and events include:
- Francesca’s Collections: Cool off with an iced coffee or tea from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf beverage station while you receive henna tattoos by talented artists.
- Irene’s Story: Enjoy your shopping experience with a braid bar by MyBlow LA and sounds from DJ Jenny Katzen. Don’t let the party stop before you treat yourself to a purchase of one full priced pair of shoes or accessories and receive another pair of shoes or accessories FREE! (Free item must be of equal or lesser value.)
- KAITLYN: Indulge in frozen banana bites from Hannah’s Bananas while you capture your shopping adventure in a Flipbooth. Lucky shoppers receive 20% off all purchases and a bonus gift with purchase of $50 or more.